Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Welcome to the The Hair Pull

Hello World,

I suffer from trichotillomania - for the sake of the blog & my inability to remember how to spell it, we are going to call it trich

For those of you who don't know what trich is, it is defined as hair loss from repeated urges to pull or twist the hair until it breaks off.  As 'crazy' as this sounds, it is a real thing & I have suffered from it off and on since I was 7 years old.

Trich is closely associated with OCD & anxiety, which I suffer from also.  The main purpose of starting this blog is to discuss my journey with trich & the attempt to kick the urges & win my battle once & for all.  Along that journey, I will open up about my struggles with OCD, anxiety, the history of my life & anything in between.

I like to think I am a seemingly 'normal' mid-20's female, with a good career, a cute little home near Toronto & an amazingly supportive husband, all of these things were attained while dealing with my 'crazies'. 

The thing about most people who struggle with OCD, anxiety & for me, trich, we know how ridiculous our thoughts & actions are and that it is 'crazy', but it does not make it any easier to tame the beast.  I want to keep this blog light & not overly serious, despite the fact I am dealing with a pretty serious condition.

I hope you will join me in my journey of to kick trich & tame my crazies.

2 comments:

  1. I have trich also and it is good to know that you are open about it and share your experiences. i find it very hard to stop and your blog is like an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am glad i could be of inspiration. A lot of times you can feel very alone with this disease, like no one could ever understand.

    I have found a lot of places online that help me feel less alone and I am glad my blog can do that for you,

    ReplyDelete