Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Daily Recap of May 15 2012

Today I am going to begin what is a time consuming but I think beneficial activity - daily recaps.

I had an a-ha moment yesterday where I realized I needed some accountability and something tangible to compare & work towards.

Below are yesterdays pulls.  I took the time to collect every hair I pulled into a ziploc bag.  I would say this is about 95% of the hairs I pulled yesterday.   There was some obvious throw aways that slipped my mind as I still try and get into this new habit, and a few pulls from the morning before I decided to start collecting them.


Part of my habit is breaking each piece of hair, as many times as possible, so I couldn't get an accurate count on the total number of pulls versus breaks which I am going to do today.  I am going to try and not break any pieces of hair.  Not saying I won't break any pieces off my head, but if I pull a full hair, I will not break it into smaller hairs.  I know this is going to spike my anxiety levels but in order to be able to track my pulls, I can't break the hairs.

The picture is slightly disturbing, which I guess is the point of this exercise, to be able to get a realistic grasp of what I am pulling.  When I toss them away, and don't see a day's worth of pulls in one daunting image, it seems less like a problem.  Hopefully this new activity will be the accountability I needed to shock myself into having a lot more self control.

Not breaking my hair after a pull will be a feat in itself and a baby step towards kicking the habit, as I have determined the break is just as addictive as the pull.

Hopefully I can stick to my guns and have a break-free Wednesday.

Enjoy your day xo

No comments:

Post a Comment