Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Change of pace

This ziploc bag is not working for me. 

As with most tactics I take on to battle the trich, the idea and the execution were very successful for the first week or so, but my brain begins to conquer it somehow, and I am back to square one.  Yesterday, I did keep some hairs in a bag, but as the day progressed, I noticed myself throwing them away without putting them in the bag, like my mind had had enough.

Maybe I get discouraged when I don't see a noticable change fast enough, but whatever the reason, my ziploc attempts are fading.  If I had to guess, i'd say my breaks were the highest day yet, I felt like I was non-stop breaking.  Pulls would have been quite high as well.

I met with Barb in the afternoon & we determined that most of the typical behaviour therapies, such as aversion, are not successful options for me so we are going to try something a little different.

As I mentioned last week, I am starting to read the book "Brain Lock".  I am only about 60 pages in, but before we meet next I need to be done this book.  One technique I have never tried is attempting to beat my other OCD's in hopes that it will correlate to my trich.  In "Brain Lock", they have a 4 step process that has proven successful.  If I can learn these steps, apply them to all my other crazies, then maybe it will somehow positively effect & carry onto my trich.

It is worth giving it a shot, so that is the new plan.  One of these have to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment