Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

63 Pulls 59 Breaks

I pulled 63 hairs yesterday and had 59 breaks.  My pulls out numbering my breaks is a first and I cannot figure this one out.  Did my mind subconsciously know in yesterdays post that I commented on reducing my breaks and cause me to pull more?  Could that even be possible?  I don't even know what to make of yesterday.

May 24 Pulls
I guess I should be celebrating not having pulled 100's of hair yesterdays at the rate I was going but I'm just so confused by the shift in pulls versus breaks.  How can I so consistently break more hairs then pull and all of a sudden have it turn around?  I had a bad day in the car, but then I had to drive an hour or so to hubby's baseball game.  I was behind the wheel this time, versus the night before, and this time I would say I pulled 20 hairs in the course of that hour while I was driving and only a few while I was reading.  I think there is a correlation between having people in the car talking to me and the number of hairs I pull.  We drove 2 other baseball team members to the game so I couldn't do my ziploc hoarding so instead I decided to collect them on my thigh and once they were outside warming up I would put them in my ziploc.  By the time we got to the ball diamond, my thigh was COVERED in pulls and breaks.  Having people talking to me must bring my mind to a different place and my hands are left to work a number on my head.

When I am sitting around with people, chatting, I am aware and making a conscious effort not to pull.  When I am in the car, it is as if people can't see me and I just go about my business pulling.  I don't know how I am going to conquer my car battle. 

I started my day early today so I hope my pulls are manageable.  I have a ton of reading to do tonight for an exam I have tomorrow, so I am going to throw my hoodie on hopefully eliminating an entire evening of pulls to bring my numbers from the last few nights down substantially.

Anyone have any suggestions how I can beat this car battle???

No comments:

Post a Comment