Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Straight Shootin' Blog Titles

The nice thing about tracking my pulls and breaks into my ziploc bag was it gave me something tangible to discuss on the blog everyday & it gave me a title for my blog posts.  I always struggle with the title for every blog post.  You want it to be catchy, or at least interesting enough that the reader wants to continue to read onto the post.

I read several blogs, all with different title tactics.  One of the blogs I read, she does a quote by someone about food as the post title - I think this is cheesy and like she is trying too hard to be 'deep'.  Another does a 'pun' regarding the post, which entertains me, since I consider myself to be a 'punny' person, but again, it feels sorta cheesy and like they are trying too hard.

Oddly enough my favourite blog, has my favourite titles.  She literally just has a title that is going to tell you what the post is about - nothing extra, just shooting it straight blog titles.  She's a regular girl outta Australia, who blogs about everyday things and is really successful at it.  http://www.fatmumslim.com.au/   Wishful thinking but maybe one day I won't have anymore crazies to talk about & I can have a successful blog, just talking about my everyday life.

I think I am going to try with straight up blog titles.  She's successful with it, and I would rather not waste my energy trying to think of a catchy blog title every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment