Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

97 Pulls 102 Breaks

...yikes.  I thought I had plateaued when I hit 70 pulls, thinking that number was astronomical, but yesterday, well it was a REALLY bad day.

May 22nd Pulls


It may have been the extra hour or so of being 'ready', or it could have been because I told myself it was going to be a bad day, but I did not expect THAT much hair.

By noon, I had a fair amount collected in my ziploc & I felt pretty down about the whole situation.  By the time I saw Barb the therapist later in the afternoon, I was full-on having a really bad day.  I think for the first time I was actually playing with my hair while I was in her office.

I had told Barb I knew today was going to be really bad, and how I sorta felt like I threw all progress out the window after my weekend mishap.  She assured me i'd be able to get back on the wagon & today I am feeling much better.  One idea we threw around was tracking my pulls as I go.  I determined I won't be able to count them in my mind, since sometimes the whole ritual of pulling is very thoughtless, so I know I would lose track.  Instead we came up with the idea of writing them down so I am going to tape a piece of paper to my ziploc and mark the number everytime I put a pull or break into the bag. This tactic will hopefully be a better trigger in my mind for where my actual pulls and breaks stand versus seeing them accumulate in the bag and it will save me the 15-20 minutes it has been taking me to count the stupid hairs.

Lets hope I have better results to report tomorrow morning.  I feel the tracking while pulling/breaking could be a great discouraging tool, but I thought that about the bag too, so here's hoping!


No comments:

Post a Comment