Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Redken Intraforce Review



My hair dresser recommended this product to me about a year ago.  Apparently Redken had been working on this formula for years & have had a lot of success in clinical trials with people with thinning hair & even cancer patients.

Intra Force has "Redken’s most powerful combination of active ingredients: Zinc PCA, Arginine, and Vitamin E".  I have no idea what any of these ingredients actually mean to the world of hair, BUT they gaurantee results within 30 days or your money back. 

I began using just the Shampoo and Toner (a.k.a conditioner) and as I said in my post last week, I have noticed a serious change in some of the strands of hair.  I now have these thick, strong strands I have never had in the past & my only assumption can be due to this product.  In the last 2 weeks, I have purchased the treatment steps & the micro boost formula in an attempt to kick-start some new hair growth.  I have yet to see a noticable difference, likely because my pulling has been so bad, but it makes my scalp tingle so it has to be working right?

You apply the micro boost first, then the treatment & style normally.  The one thing I really like is I can apply both steps to my hair & when I style, it isn't noticable that I have these products in my hair.  When people recommend oils, or other hair products, it sometimes causes my hair to look disgusting, so I am pleasantly surprised with the lack of doing that.

Step 3 - Treatment

Intra Force Micro Boost
 After looking at their entire product line online, I saw the 10 day program to kick-start growth.  They recommend using it twice a year for 10 days, in fall & spring, when hair thins (I had no idea hair thinning was seasonal!) and it's apparently amazing.  So I ordered that from the only place I could find it in canada (www.spaboutique.ca).  I received confirmation that it has shipped and it is supposed to arrive by this Friday, so I will be tracking my progress over the course of the 10 days once I test out this system.

Redken Hair Advance 10-day System
The line at the start may seem sorta on the pricey side but I bought the salon size 1L bottles about a year ago, I think they were like $25/each and I am still using them so really, for a product that really changes your hair, that price is not astronomical.  If you buy 3 bottles per year of Pantene at Walmart, you are looking at about $18-$20 for the shampoo, so when I break it down that way, it is beyond fair the price that I paid.  The Treatment step is around $20 & the micro boost was I think $40.  I find these products go a long way, so even with a steep initial investment, you only have to buy these products one to two times per year.

I think for anyone looking for thicker, stronger hair, this product is fantastic.  You can search salon locations on the Redken web-site to find your closest retailer or you can order it from places like spaboutique. 

I am away this entire weekend, but as long as my shipment comes in on Friday like they said it would, I will be starting my 10 day hair advance system on Monday.  I will take daily photo's of the top of my head & see if it really makes a significant difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment