Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Problem Zones

So I was bad again.  I didn't keep my ziploc baggy of hairs yesterday and I have no idea what my pull/break numbers were.  I already have my ziploc bag going for today, so I should be on track to monitor my pulls for tomorrow.

I did good for the start of the day and I would say my pulls were under 10 until about 2pm when I sat down on the couch, then the pulls starting coming at a higher rate.

I have touched on this in the past, but I will expand a little.  I have two places that are very bad pull spots for me and I would say 98% of pulls happen in these 2 spots.  First, being my car & second being my couch/being on the computer (they usually happen at the same time).

When I started my current full-time job, my pulling in the car was not an issue, it was actually a spot I never pulled in.  I had been working a desk job, and the pulling was gradually becoming a problem, so when I transitioned jobs, I was excited that I would be in the car since this wasn't a problem zone.  Well that quickly changed.  I would say on a daily basis, 75% of all hairs are pulled or broken in my car.  If I was a 10-2 driving, with both hands on the wheel, this obviously could not be an issue, but like most people, I drive with one hand, which leaves my second hand with nothing to do.  I have tried occupying it by playing with things, but no matter what, as soon as I am thinking about something other than my pulling, I am back pulling.  I have spots in my car where I used to drop the hairs after pulling, that I would have to collect the hairs from everyday and throw them out the window, since the accumulation would be so high.

My second problem spot is when I am on my couch on the computer.  When I am typing a blog post for example, I have no urge to pull as I am using both hands, but the second I stop typing, I am pulling.  I have pulled 2 hairs since I started this post, both when I was done a paragraph and having a thought process on the next paragraph. (I just re-read that paragraph and broke 2 hairs)  Generally I try and always wear a hood when I am on the computer, because I recognize the problem, and in the privacy of my own home, have the ability to wear a hood, but this morning I had an appointment early and I am back home already dressed and ready for the day, so I can't wear a hood since it would mess up my hair.

Hairs on my laptop

I am working on getting better in both of these spots, and the ziploc bag has significantly helped with the car pulling, not as much with the computer pulling, since I think I am in a different state of thinking when on the computer.

I have already pulled more hairs then I normally would pull before 11 a.m. so I am going to try and rope in my pulls for the rest of the day and try and stay present.  If I keep up this pace, I may be in trouble with my pull and break count tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment