Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Hubby & I

Hubby found me out, my blog that is - I had told him about it, but had yet to share it with him.  In true hubby fashion, he went to type in "home depot" and "hair pull blog" came up, so now he knows. 

We are polar opposites to the regular outsider looking in. I am chatty, opinionated, & very 'vocal'. He is very quiet, speaks when spoken to & quite laid back. Over the course of the last 9 years, he has toned me down & I have helped bring him out of his shell. When it comes down to it though, we are the same person. We love the same things, we have the same values & we want the same things in life.

We met back when we were 16.  He worked with all of my friends at McDonald's and began hanging around them on a more frequent basis.  At a party on the last weekend of summer before we started our last year of highschool, my best friend told him I liked him, she told me he liked me (I am still not sure if this was even the case for either of us) & within 2 weeks, we were dating.

After highschool, he started his apprenticeship immediately, I worked for a year, then headed off to college for 2 years.  Through my college years, we continued our relationship, travelling back and forth to see eachother every weekend.  After I graduated college and moved back home, the reality that this could be something more than young love began to set in.

At 21, we purchased our first home, at 24, he popped the question & at 25 we were married.

The best day of my life
He knew about my trich relatively early as I can't hide much from him.  When we first started dated, I was not suffering from it at all, but when I began college & those aimless nights of sitting at the computer really brought trich back into my life.  It began to spiral as I took on a job sitting at a desk & started to creep into all areas of my life, not just at work, so he began to experience the signs of it more and more.

He is my #1 support, he is always as understanding as he can be with my 'crazies' & tries to help me beat my trich.  It seems in the car or while we are watching TV, he tells me dozens of times a day to "stop".  Despite the annoyance, and that him telling me to stop raises my anxiety levels, I know he is doing everything he can to help me beat this.

His help & support are just another tool in my aresnal of tricks to kick the trich.

1 comment:

  1. Just visited your blog, I also have OCD, but thanks to my boyfriend support it's much better now. It's lovely to see your husband understands as well, loving your post, well written. I'm following your blog now, Positive Fountain, that's me.
    Please, visit mine.
    http://dusana-attracthappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete